Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Flash and Bones by Kathy Reichs

Kathy Reichs is one of my favorite authors.  She's one of the few authors whose books I buy in hardback as soon as they come out.  Carol Goodman is another one.  This book conveniently was released right before my mother's birthday, so I purchased it as her present.  She read it, mailed it to me.  I read it, and mailed it to my older sister.

Flash and Bones is another Temperance Brennan book, the forensic anthropologist who works in North Carolina and Canada.  Many of her books, this is book 14!!, involve jumping back and forth between to two places, but this book just stayed southern.  Dr. Brennan is called to investigate a body found in an oil drum, leading her to a cold case involving a young couple who vanished years before, the sinister underworld of NASCAR, and a missing CDC doctor.  As usual, Tempe is witty, sarcastic, and fantastic at her job.

My only dislikes of the book were the location, (I prefer her cases that are in Canada.  Not sure why), and the lack of any resolution of her personal life.  A few books back her personal life unraveled and its still dragging on.  Grrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment