Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

used bookstores

I'm still alive, I swear.  Just been a busy week!

Yesterday while having an all-day fun day with a friend, we stopped into a local used store.  There's so many I haven't hit yet!  I didn't purchase anything, but as always, I enjoyed the experience.

(From the back of the store in one of the aisles)


One of the smaller ones I've been in, but I didn't get a chance to browse for long.  Thai food was calling!


I'm working my way through Agatha Christie's autobiography.  Strangely enough, while inside the bookstore, a store employee and a patron were discussing Agatha Christie.  I first read this in high school for a 10th grade English class.  While everyone else groaned about how boring their person of choice was, I was deeply engrossed in Agatha's life.    I'm not quite halfway through yet, and remember surprisingly little of her life.  Review will come when I finish. 

I'm also reading The Hobbit rather grudgingly.  The first thirty pages or so did not grab my attention, but its a book on The List that I need to read.  I called my sister to complain about who all these hobbits are and what exactly are they doing, but she promised me the book get better.  I need a more open mind, she said. 

Thirdly, I'm still trekking through Anna Karenina which I'm still enjoying.  I knew it was going to be a long, slow read so I'm not feeling any pressure to finish.  


No comments:

Post a Comment